Friday, February 18, 2011

First post.....hmmmmm

I needed a place to put down all the amusing things my almost 2 year old does. I started a journal for this a while ago, but who knows where that it. I can always keep track of the internet though!

Alex will be 2 on March 3rd. He has been seeming a little slow to talk, but he's starting to get there. He says quite a few words now, but not talking in sentences. I'll talk to the doc about that at his 2 year check up, last time I mentioned it I was told not to worry and since then he's added like 20 words to his vocab in like 3 weeks, so maybe there is nothing to worry about.

So on to the funny stuff:

about half an hour ago I heard Alex's bedroom door close. About 5 minutes passed, I didn't hear any crying, or knocking. He normally knocks when he's locked himself in, but nothing was going on so I went to check on him. I opened the door and he was just laying under his bed. I closed the door and tried to remember where my camera was. Couldn't think of it off hand so I opened the door and he rolled off of under the bed and gave me the biggest grin and his funny little laugh. I'm wondering if he was waiting for me to see him under there, I wouldn't be surprised.

I am currently 6 weeks pregnant, and I had my first appt with the nurse on Wednesday, the 16th. I took Alex with me, I figured the nurse would like to see Alex, since she hadn't seen him since he was 6 weeks. he was being pretty good for most of the appt. General silliness on his part, he played with his puppy and tiger we brought, looked at the picture book they had there, pulled the sticker off the bottom of the table and tried attaching it to his head, kissed the wall, and eventually figured out how to open the door and took off. Typical Alex. The nurse gave me a month by month book that has real photos of fetal development. She opened it to the 2nd month, where I technically am. She held it up so Alex could see and he yelled "FISH!". I guess I am pregnant with a fish!

Earlier that day I told Alex there was a baby in my belly button. Like I said he's seeming a little slow with words, so I wasn't sure if he'd pick up or retain what I was saying to him. Later on, like 10 hours later, I said to him "alex, where is the baby?" He lifted up my shirt and touched my belly. I guess he is paying attention!


Apparently alex does NOT love flowers like foofa from yo gabba gabba. Every time he hears the song "i love flowers" he freaks out. The first time I noticed it, he was screaming like he was hurt. Now he just cries. He especially hates it when I sing along with it. It is hilarious. One of these days I'll try to get it on video.






Ok, since I don't have any other place to put MY weird stuff I want to remember I might as well put it here too. I'm sure I'll have a lot of things to "jot down" especially since I'm pregnant and have weird dreams. Wednesday night I had a dream about my grandma. She passed away on April 16, 2008, so its been a bit since we've seen her. I dreamt that I came home from somewhere and grandma was sitting on my porch with a set of twins, probably about 9 months old. It was just so strange because I KNEW grandma was dead, but in my dream she was there...with babies. They were little blond boys, and they looked a lot like her. She'd been waiting for me to get home for a while, so the babies were in need of a diaper change, so I set about doing that, and then I woke up. I remember thinking if Grandma is here, where is Aunt Janet, because if Grandma can be alive Janet should be too, and then I was awake and thinking WTF?

Ok, end of first post. Hope you have a fabulous day if you've read this!

No comments:

Post a Comment